[mythtv-users] MCEUSB troubles

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:23:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Steve Greene <sgreene59 at verizon.net> wrote:
> I just bought an MCE kit with IR-blaster on the strength of user reviews
> saying it worked with LIRC.  Guess what?  It doesn't.
>
> The product uses a Topseed Technology chipset, identified by lsusb as:
>        "1784:0011 TopSeed USB IR receiver"
>

> I see a launchpad bug that indicates this worked once?  It doesn't
> appear to be listed in lirc_mceusb.c.  Is there a patch for the
> mythbuntu lirc package to make this MCE kit work?

Jarod Wilson fixed that about 1 week ago in the  .git staging for
2.6.39. I was able to get that to work on my gentoo system but I had
to use the lirc.git and the media_build.git from here:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers

Google search for March 11th discussion titled "MCEUSB blasting" for
some of my discussion..

John