[mythtv-users] mceusb as an input device

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 24 20:31:45 UTC 2011

On Mar 22, 2011, at 12:33 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>> I had the same idea and did some research.  It IS a modified NEC protocol and I
>>> used the existing NEC decoder to get two keys working (Page Down and 8) using
>>> the dib0700_nec keymap, I think.  I actually paid a bit less for mine, but
>>> thanks for going the extra mile (parsec, really).
>>
>> What can I say, I'm a sucker for new toys... Sadly, I forgot that I was
>> going to be working from home today when I placed the order, and its being
>> delivered to the office (probably sitting on my desk by now), but I should
>> be able to poke at it next week. I don't anticipate this being too bad to
>> get properly sorted out.
>
> Yep, modified NEC just like Apple's remotes. The first two bytes of the
> signal are a vendor code, 0xa10c, rather than a command !command pair
> to be checksummed. I've got an entire keytable together for it now, but
> its actually going to require me to finally get around to some NEC
> decoder modifications to allow these types of signals to be decoded.
>
> (Actually, I already wrote some code a few months back, but we still need
> to settle on how best to actually handle this w/the in-kernel decoders).

Patches for the TiVo remote to Just Work(tm) out of the box with this
bundle have been posted upstream, and have a decent chance of making
it into 2.6.39. I'll probably backport them into the Fedora 15 kernel
too.

Still need to address the Apple remotes, they're a bit of a different
beast, since they have two bytes of vendor ID, one byte of pairing ID
and one byte of actual command...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com