[mythtv-users] Air Video and Mythfs FUSE Mount

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Thu Mar 24 18:59:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has played with running Air Video on Linux and
using it to stream content from a mythfs mount. I've had some luck with
Air Video on the Mac and Myth content, but I'm hoping to consolidate all
media stuff to my Myth backend.

I've setup Air Video to share both a non-FUSE directory of videos and a
mythfs mount of recordings. The Air Video iPhone app is able to play the
videos fine. It lists the recordings OK, but identifies the .mpg files
as invalid. Attempting to play them within the app results in a "No
Video Stream found in file" error.

I initially thought the problem was permissions-based. A "file" on any
recording within the mythfs mount returned a "no read permission"
result. However, I could still play the recording from that mount with
mplayer and subsequent "file" queries then returned data as expected.

I'm at a loss for why Air Video doesn't like the mythfs FUSE mount. Has
anyone successfully done what I'm attempting here?

Thanks!
Joe