[mythtv-users] Mythvideo Title Matching?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:36:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:
> Mythvideo nicely picks up descriptions and cover art for some movies I
> have and not others of similar vintage. The ones it misses seem to have
> short title or titles I know to be movie remakes. My guess is that it
> just fails if the filename has multiple matches.
>
> If thats the case is there a way for me to see what its choices are, and
> if so how I can disambiguate the title?

.24 added automatic metadata fetching upon video scan for newly-added
files.  If the title has multiple identical or near-identical matches
(anything within a levenstein distance of 5), MythVideo will note in
the log that there were multiple acceptable matches for title x and
leave it alone, preferring that the user provide that input.  For
those titles, you use the traditional "highlight item, press W" (or
highlight item, open context menu, Item Details->Retrieve Details).
If there are multiple matches, you will be presented with a menu to
select from them.  If there are no matches because the item is
misspelled or has junk in the title, then you will get no results.

Robert