[mythtv-users] Myth TV to Copy VHS Tapes to Hard Drive?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 23 23:01:22 UTC 2011

On 03/23/2011 06:55 PM, Robert Johnston wrote:
> MythTV is entirely the wrong application to use for this. I believe you
> might want to try xawtv or something similar.

Completely agree that MythTV is wrong for it.  Even cat or dd (with a
nice hardware encoder, like the ivtv cards or HD-PVR) are better than
MythTV for it.

For all the trouble you have to go through to set up MythTV /and/ for
the trouble you have to go through for /each/ recording you do in
MythTV, see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/232857#232857 .

Mike