[mythtv-users] Frontend hardware confusion.

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Tue Mar 22 21:58:44 UTC 2011

Right, I've been to the Wiki. Ive scanned the lists. I've tried to use my best judgement. But I _still_ do not know what I want as a frontend-only box.
I only use Watch Recordings (SD only right now, but a HD-PVR is in the cards in the near future), and I use Mythvideo occasionally.
The wiki states that ION2 with Feature Set C for VDPAU should be able to play "pretty much anything" on even an Atom-box.

So, right now, I am considering something like a ZOTAC ZBOX ID41-E  http://www.dustin.se/pd_5010550080.aspx

I am figuring 4GB of ram and a cheap SSD.

Am I thinking right?