[mythtv-users] feeding the correct argument to sdlmame with mythgame

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 04:07:09 UTC 2011

mythgame currently launches the selected player using the command
listed in the setup page, but automatically appends
"path/to/romfile.zip" to the command.  sdlmame, on the other hand
wants a command like mame64 gamename, and the path for the roms is
stored in a config file.  I guess I'm dense, but I can't figure out
what to put on the commandline in the settings page in order to get
sdlmame to work.  I've tried %gamename or just gamename, since these
are in the database, but mythgame just parses them literally, e.g.:
"mame64 %gamename "/Users/Shared/roms/asteroids.zip"".  Anyone using
sdlmame with mythgame?