[mythtv-users] Re; hdmi audio output ION2

MacLaren, James M maclaren at tulane.edu
Sun Mar 20 21:51:28 UTC 2011

Juanmol
Make sure your card is unmuted.  When you launch alsamixer it defaults to card 0, and in the ion2 the nvidia its card 1, so do an alsamixer -c 1
and unmute, this was my problem. I believe looking at your audio, the hdmi audio is the 7,8, or 9.  In the version of mythfrontend I am using you can test the audio.  I am using the trunk so I don't know if that option is in 0.24.  Bur scanning for devices then cucling thopigh the nvidia ones and testing worked for me.  Mine is 9.
Best,
James