[mythtv-users] recordings fail without any errors logged

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 21:40:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Alex Butcher <mythlist at assursys.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2011, Matt Garman wrote:
>
>> Several of my recent recordings have failed, but there is no
>> indication of what happened in the log.
>
> To get diagnostic information in the log, run mythbackend with options:
>
>        -v important,record,channel,siparser

I really thought I had already set the extra logging params, but
apparently I didn't.  After I received this email, I *really* set
them.  Since then, I've had another failed recording, "The Office:
PDA".

> To possibly short-circuit this, though, what kind of tuner(s) hardware are
> you using?

HDHomeRun.

Here's the mythbackend log from the time of the failed recording.
With the extra logging params, it's long, so I had to use pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/U1F5QLbz

Thanks again,
Matt