[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR-950Q: First couple minutes of recordings get garbled

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Wed Mar 16 22:05:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Kevin Ross <kevin at familyross.net> wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> I have a Hauppauge 950Q USB ATSC/ClearQAM tuner, which I am using
> strictly for clear QAM.  For the most part, it works fine.  However,
> about 1/4 of my recordings, the first couple minutes are completely
> garbled.  I can fast forward past it, and the rest of the recording will
> be fine.  I can also replicate the problem in live TV, if I change
> channels enough.  After several channel changes, it will become garbled,
> and then after a while it will clear up.
>
> I'm running Debian Squeeze with a 2.6.32 kernel.  I've though about
> getting the 2.6.37 kernel from Sid, to see if a newer driver would have
> any effect, but wanted to ask here to see if anyone else is having this
> problem.  I see a few people are using the 950Q, but I haven't seen
> anyone else complaining about the problem I'm seeing.

Hi Kevin,

There haven't been any changes to the 950Q driver related to the
digital side in many months.  Upgrading the kernel probably won't
result in any difference for you.

Do you have anything else connected to the same USB bus the 950Q is
connected to?

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs