[mythtv-users] Ideas for family proofing the mythbox

Andrew LaCroix andrew.lacroix at utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 16 15:30:18 UTC 2011

>> I'm looking for ways on how you have family proofed and made more
>> friendly your mythbox for the non-techie kids or spouse.

I have small children in the house and like to set the Group Filter to
"Children's Programming" before going to bed on Friday nights -- this
allows my kids to wake up and watch age-appropriate shows while we
sleep in :)

I'd like to add a dedicated menu item to the myth menus to set this
filter; specifically, make a way to enter the "Watch Recordings" view
with this filter set by default.  Does anyone know if this is
possible?

- Andrew