[mythtv-users] Anybody using 0.24 on a (1st generation) AppleTV or anyone on Mac OS 10.4?

Ben Eisemann ben at locojeeper.com
Wed Mar 16 12:09:19 UTC 2011

MacNean,

I had started with a copy of MythBuntu 10.10 and then added the
mythbuntu-repos package, switch to 0.24 fixes and ran the aptitude update.
I got my HDMI cable from NewEgg last night, plugged it in and after two
reboots, X reconfigured itself and was up and running.  I tried playback,
but the menu changes were painfully slow and the video loading left me bored
waiting for it to load... obviously I have something not quite right... as I
really only record SDTV (have two comcast DTA's running into a PVR-150 and
PVR-350).  I do have a PCHDTV-5500 recording clear qam that comcast still
lets through... but I haven't looked into how that playback performs on the
appletv.  Standard SDTV was good before the HDMI / CRT HDTV switch, so
probably some tweaking should solve it.

God Bless,

Ben T. Eisemann
beisemann at gmail.com

Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of
its strength.—Charles Spurgeon