[mythtv-users] myth video file naming issues

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Mar 14 16:32:19 UTC 2011

On 3/14/2011 12:21, Dan Armbrust wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Richard Morton
> <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Highlight one of the files in mythvideo press i for info under metadata
>> select reset meta data... you may need to exit and reenter mythvideo to see
>> the change. You can press w to download new metadata for the file.
> This isn't working either.  It clears the descriptions, but doesn't
> seem to reset the file name.  Unless that garbage file name is
> actually coming out of some metadata within to the video file (I'll
> need to check that tonight).
>
> Even if it did work, I would need a way to do it in bulk.
>
> I'll try moving the files off entirely, and forcing a rescan.

There is no consistent standard for storage of metadata inside video
files, so there is none that MythVideo uses.  The only data it stores is
what you provide manually, what it can parse from the filename, and what
it can pull from the selected metadata grabber.

MythVideo will parse the title, subtitle, season, and episode from a
filename once, and only once.  Once it is in the database, there is no
way to manually trigger a reprocessing.  Similarly, once it is in the
database, it is ID'd with a hash value, so if the file is moved, the
existing data is matched up and pointed at the new file.  The only way
to start completely fresh is the way already mentioned.  Move your
content out of a folder used by MythVideo, scan, move it back in, and
rescan.