[mythtv-users] Any advantage going to 64 bit?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:14:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]
Good question.  I reinstalled myth on a bare metal system last fall
because my last system was having motherboard issues.  The only thing
I brought over from the prior install was my database and half of my
recordings (I managed to reformat the HD that was in my old system
during the reinstall by accident and lost all my config files, half of
my recordings, and other data, but fortunately I backed up the
database prior to doing that).

Because I was doing a fresh install, I decided to use mythdora to do
the new install thinking it would be the easiest way to install myth
and fedora at the same time (and it was, much kudos, although I
changed my repo to atrpms after doing that).  Either it chose to
install the 32 bit version for me (unlikely) or I chose it because I
was unsure if CPU was 64 bit capable.  So I am guessing the issue was
PEBUAC.