[mythtv-users] Size of MythTV's playback buffer?

DarkNovaNick at gmail.com DarkNovaNick at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:18:07 UTC 2011

I've been playing with transcoding some recordings using
mencoder/libavcodec so I can stream properly over WiFi, and I'm working on
figuring out what I should set mencoder's vrc_maxrate to (the maximum
bitrate you want to allow in the file). This parameter is dependent on
vrc_buf_size, which is the buffer size (in kbit/s) that your player uses,
in this case, MythTV. Ideally this variable should be set to the size of
the playback buffer that MythTV's player uses, but I'm having a hard time
finding this info. I've searched through the code but have yet to find it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks,

Nick