[mythtv-users] Anybody using 0.24 on a (1st generation) AppleTV or anyone on Mac OS 10.4?

Ben Eisemann ben at locojeeper.com
Thu Mar 10 23:04:06 UTC 2011

Hello,

I picked up a first generation AppleTV off eBay for pretty darn cheap.  My
hope is to make it a frontend for the occasional use that our bedroom TV
has.  I've gone through a bunch of different steps, upgrading firmware,
setting up SSH, etc...

Now comes the MythFrontend install... everything i've been reading
references old versions of MythTV (i.e. 0.21).  Has anyone had success
running the 0.24 MythFrontend on the first generation AppleTV's?  They run a
variant of Mac OS 10.4... so anybody running that?

I have an intel mac and don't mind going through compiling it myself... but
want to check to see if anyones done it before I invest the time.

Plan B, is to remove the Mac OS software and install Mythbuntu (that's what
my backed is running) and then I know I'll be in good shape...

God Bless,

Ben T. Eisemann
beisemann at gmail.com

Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of
its strength.—Charles Spurgeon