[mythtv-users] Cosmetic error really (change channel command)

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Mar 10 21:04:55 UTC 2011

On 10/03/11 19:22, Jan Johansson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I accidentally deleted the "change channel script setting" for an input. No
> biggie, I just typed it back in.... But, I missed one char, thereby missing a
> recording or two.
>
> Now, not a huge problem, but why not verify the existence of a script in that
> dialog (and similar?).

Probably wouldn't help, although I can see what you're getting at. See, when you
first set up a tuner to access an external box you don't usually have a channel
changing script ready, or you don't know which one to use. Standard practice is
to set the option to "/bin/true" and change things manually until you have found
out whether you're actually capturing stuff or not. Then you start debugging
your script...

So, you can defeat any test for a script by just selecting a random one on your
box. Not helpful.

Doesn't prove that any real script you select is going to do the job either.

--

Mike Perkins