[mythtv-users] Menu Navigation Suddenly Inop

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Thu Mar 10 13:08:54 UTC 2011

Anybody having problems with menus no longer working? What I'm seeing is
the highlight no longer moves when pressing the arrow keys. The problem
started for me a couple of days ago. The easiest way to see it is to
escape out to exit the frontend, for example. All menus I've tested this
on exhibit the problem and on two different systems. It also happens in
Setup->Edit Keys where the highlight cannot be moved off the top entry.
The menu selection of Watch Recordings is getting a double highlight
within the menu. The problem is identical whether using the remote or
keyboard.

I'm wondering if I've missed something in the commit list. Here is the
latest version being compiled. Distcleans have been done.

[brtab at shuttle ~]$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.25pre-1365-gae3dccf
MythTV Branch    : master
Network Protocol : 65
Library API      : 0.25.20110308-1
QT Version       : 4.7.1
Options compiled in:
  linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_backend
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_libudf using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libxml2 using_libudf

I have not yet gotten to try earlier versions to pinpoint the specific
commit since I have four systems to keep in sync.

Regards,

Bruce