[mythtv-users] UPnP Clients: MediaMVP HD or "New" AppleTV

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 10 00:01:32 UTC 2011

Devin:

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, Devin Heitmueller wrote:

> On 3/9/11, Lawrence Houston <mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org> wrote:
>>
>> Copied a 1 Hour Show (2.2 GB) onto a 8 GB Kingston DataTraveller and I
>> observed the same 10 Second "Wall" when playing from the USB Stick!!!
>>
>>> The more detail I can get on the nature of the problem, the better
>>> chance I will have of being able to identify the issue.
>>
>> Does that suggest the HVR-1600 is Encoding MPEG2 Files which the
>> MediaMVP-HD is unable to Play past the first 10 Seconds???  If so that
>> could be a "Problem" since those are Hardware Encoders on the HVR-1600
>> Tuner Cards (one is a Model 1183 and one is a Model 1181) and I doubt
>> there is little or no Tweaking Possible???
>
> Ok, now we're getting somewhere.  Your USB test rules out the UPNP
> client as well as a network issue.
>
> Let me dig around here for an HVR-1600 trace. Are you testing with
> traces from the analog tuner, or are these ATSC/ClearQAM captures?

Sorry that was an important point which I forget to mention: I am
recording Analog Signals from our Cable TV Provider...  The Hardware Based
MPEG2 Encoders are for a HVR-1600's Analog Tuner ONLY, for Digital Signals
the Host has much more "Work" to perform!!!  Hence the reason I choose
HVR-1600s for my MythTV Backend (1-GHz Pentium-III with 512 MB of RAM)!!!

Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)