[mythtv-users] Comcast STB upgrade breaks firewire channel changing

Christian Szpilfogel chriszpml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 03:07:39 UTC 2011

On 08/03/2011 9:40 AM, Christopher Meredith wrote:
> About a week or two ago, Comcast sent out a ton of promotion material
> pushing on-demand content. I didn't pay much attention to it. But
> shortly after that, they pushed a software update to my STB (Cisco
> RNG-150) that looks to be completely new. The layout and color of the
> menus are completely different and the guide bears the "TV Guide"
> logo. Anyway, this update also broke firewire channel changing. I have
> been using 'mythchanger' with the -f 6 option to great effect. Now it
> does not work at all. The script detects and unknown STB, but cannot
> change channels on it.
>
> Has anyone run into this? Is there a solution? Does anyone know
> anything about this software "upgrade?"
Usually they just change the specific way that digits are sent. I've
seen this during upgrades of their SA4250 and 3250 as well.

My suggestion is try the other options for "mythchanger -f". For one of
my SA/Cisco STB's I use "2" and for the other I use "4". But try the
entire range until you find one.