[mythtv-users] Mythweb Channel Editor & serviceid

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:20:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM, scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was playing with the Mythweb Channel Editor to get some of my HDHR
> > channels straight on a Time Warner QAM setup.  It would be really useful
> if
> > mythweb showed the "serviceid" field from the "channel" table.  I'm not
> sure
> > what the history is behind the "finetune" field, but it doesn't appear to
> > have anything to do with QAM.  Could we add the "serviceid" (i.e.
> > subchannel) column to mythweb or replace the "finetune" column with
> > "serviceid"?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > /Brian/
> >
> To make the Mythweb Channel Editor functional for QAM, wouldn't you
> also need the mplexid field as well?  As far as I can tell, this is
> what is used to index the multiplex table and tell the QAM tuner what
> frequency to use...

Could be, but I'm not playing with the freqid or serviceid values, to be
honest.  I'm just making sure that the freqid and serviceid have the proper
callsign in place.  When you have 6 subchannels and all you have to go on is
freqid, it's not easy to edit the callsigns and get everything right.
Adding just serviceid to the mix helped me match the various subchannels to
the proper callsign when I was manually editing my channels last night.  I
was using a mix of SchedulesDirect, Mythweb and HDHomeRun_GUI's output to
get everything lined up properly.

Adding the serviceid to Mythweb is adding one or two lines to about 3 files,
so I'll submit the patch on HEAD and see if it's accepted.

/Brian/