[mythtv-users] ALSA:surround51 with MythTV 0.24

Achim Hofmann news at achim-hofmann.com
Mon Mar 7 17:32:04 UTC 2011

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7 March 2011 07:00, Achim Hofmann <news at achim-hofmann.com> wrote:
>
>> When set to ALSA:surround51:CARD=V8237,DEV=0 and playing a movie, the
>> following error appears in mythfrondend.log:
>
> could you lodge a ticket in trac and post the output of the outpot log
> with -v audio,playback

Before I raise a ticket there's another strange behavior since the
update to 0.24 which I have to clarify first:

mediacenterpc ~ # mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : Unknown
MythTV Branch    :
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_alsa using_oss using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

mediacenterpc ~ # mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version   : Unknown
MythTV Branch    :
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_alsa using_oss using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

Why is the version "Unknown"? Like I said I used the the gentoo
ebuilds taken from MythTV github. These are the ebuilds I have installed:

media-plugins/mythgallery-0.24_p20110219
media-plugins/mythgame-0.24_p20110219
media-plugins/mythmusic-0.24_p20110219
media-plugins/mythvideo-0.24_p20110219
media-tv/mythtv-0.24_p20110219
www-apps/mythweb-0.24_p20110219

Only change I made to the mythtv ebuild is that I included the latest
vaapi-patch taken from trac ticket 8593. But I don't believe that this
could be the reason for this, is it?

Regards,
Achim Hofmann