[mythtv-users] Cover art in recordings

Roald roalda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:53:37 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 7:44 PM, kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In my case, I wanted to have DVD Rips and videos to show up in one
>> place, and the easiest place is in 'Watch Recordings', at least for

Yes, this is exactly what I mean by video content in one place. I
don't really get the difference between recordings and videos. I mean,
they are all videos, right?

>> it breaks (not that it has). It's pretty raw, and I'd be loathe to
>> share it, for a number of reasons.

Fair enough.

> There is an old script called myth.rebuilddatabase.pl which will allow
> you to import video files into the 'Watch Recordings' screen.

Yes, I have been using this script for years. The only problem is that
you will have to populate all the fields yourself. If this script
could "import" the stuff that is already entered in MythVideo, it
would save a lot of time. And a lot of button pressing if I'm not
decided between watching a movie recorded from tv or ripped from dvd,
which according to MythTV is two very different things.

> I think the reason support was dropped is because it does not populate
> the database fully/correctly.

Yes, it was removed somewhere between 0.23 and 0.24. And it still
works, but every time someone mentions it here on the lists there
there seems to be several warnings about using it.

--
Roald Martin Amundsen