[mythtv-users] Merge of OSD and Main themes causes WAF to Plummet

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 01:31:31 UTC 2011

On 5 March 2011 03:11, Michael Jones <mythtv at michaelandholly.com> wrote:
> You’re right, it doesn’t take an “expert” to use a text editor or change
> some piece of text and “see what happens”, but as someone with limited time
> on their hands (with work, family, other stuff) poking through the theme to
> “see what happens” doesn’t cut it

Ah, I see.

Your time is obviously more important than the dev or themer that is
indeed going to speed time doing it so you don't have to ?

unbelievable really...

> As an engineer, there’s very little that makes my skin crawl more than
> relying on the “just change something and see what happens” method of
> development. . I’ll admit that when learning a new programming language I
> will sometimes employ that method, but it’s RARELY the best way to go about
> it.

Well, as an "engineer" who obviously knows better, why don't YOU show
us the best way on how to do it.

Mind you, I wholeheartedly agree that a method to easily customised a
theme, and at least be able to easily change a font in a theme to suit
one's need.

But as an engineer and benevolent at that, nothing makes my skin crawl
more than someone displaying such a massive amount of arrogance and
utter disdain from someone's else work and worse putting himself on
top of all that. And coming from a French guy, that says a lot !

All developers participating in mythtv have a life too, and have
limited time on their hands. Be it work, family and "other stuff".

Don't like a theme? modify it yourself or wait for someone to do it.
But don't value your time as more important than anyone else