[mythtv-users] securing mythweb

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 02:37:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 10:03 -0800, Gabe Rubin wrote:
>> I am pretty sure the issue is with that file and I have misconfigured
>> something.  I can post it again if someone is able to help.
>
> Gabe;
>
> >From your post:
>
> <Directory "/var/www/html/mythweb">
>        Options FollowSymLinks
>        AllowOverride All
>        Order allow,deny
>        Allow from all
>
> I added the 4 lines following <Directory...> to my configuration
> and NO LONGER got prompted for a password (restarted apache and
> firefox after the change.)
>
> Full disclosure: I'm an ubuntu user.
>
> That's my best shot.
>
> Signing off,

Perfect.  I commented those lines out and now everything seems to be secure.

I wonder why those lines were in the conf file that was installed.  I
notice that Options FollowSymLinks is in my regular httpd.conf file,
so it does not need to be in this file.  I am guessing the other lines
basically allow anyone access.