[mythtv-users] LiveTV: A paused program - that ends while on pause - becomes a recording. can I stop this?

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Fri Mar 4 19:24:01 UTC 2011

 I believe I'm correct here:
 -- If I pause a LiveTV program (NOT recording it explicitly), walk away
 while show is on pause, and fail to resume playing or exit viewing
 before the show ends, then the show is saved as a recording and is
 stored (and then commflagged if I have that enabled).

 (I think my kids are doing this a lot, so end up with a lot of partial
 programs that weren't part of a recording schedule.)

 Do I perceive this correctly?

 Is there a setting to prevent this?

 Thx.