[mythtv-users] Debian Squeeze Notes

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Mar 4 12:51:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Michael Papet <mpapet at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just an FYI for anyone considering the move to the new Debian 6.0, Squeeze and running mythtv on it.
>
> Right now, (March 2011) lirc kernel modules do not compile on 2.6.32.  Mythtv otherwise works for me from debian-multimedia.org.

lirc on Debian is in pretty sorry shape, as far as I'm concerned.
I've exchanged email with the maintainer offering to take over
maintenance of the package myself, but he doesn't want to give it up.
He is (slowly) making progress on it, though.

I'm running on Debian sid with 2.6.37 and lirc I build from his svn
repository (svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-lirc/) and it works.  I wouldn't
recommend trying to run squeeze on a kernel from lenny.

Eric