[mythtv-users] New IPTV setup

Per Lundberg perlun at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:27:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've been reading this thread with some interest now, since I'm having quite
"interesting" problems with MythTV related to IPTV (see this thread:
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-December/305163.html)

The basic problem right now, before starting to mess with the beast again
tonight is that "the first channel works" (!) when tuning in to IPTV. When
changing to another channel on the same IPTV provider, it gives me the ugly
"Error opening program jump file" or similar error.

What I did some days ago was to change the networking so that my mythtv
backend has a "real" IP address (non-NAT:ed), but this hasn't helped
unfortunately.

Tonight, I also tried messing around with the .m3u as described below (using
rtp:// instead of udp:// which I was previously having, but NOT with the @
sign which MythTV doesn't seem to like), but it didn't work. I changed back
- it still doesn't work. Now it doesn't even tune a single IPTV channel...
:-/

The -v channel log doesn't give me that much, unfortunately. I did some
packet capturing (using tcpdump) and it seems to start subscribing to the
multicast stream. It just fails to show it in mythtv. :-(

How on earth can this be so hard to get working? With VLC or mplayer, it
works immediately, with the same URL (but after insering an @ sign like
this: udp://@233.60.167.19:1111

With MythTV, this should be udp://233.60.167.19:1111 but not even this works
any more. I've seriously considered buying a DVB-T card, just to get around
this, but it feels... stupid. Blargh! Any ideas, from anyone, are highly
appreciated. TIA.

Best regards,
Per Lundberg

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 22 February 2011 02:52, Scott Cunningham <scott at netaddicted.ca> wrote:
> > - After importing the m3u file (which populates the channel list) I
> > cannot get any channels to play in myth.  Get the error about not
> > getting lock.  Packet capture doesn't show any IGMP traffic from the
> > myth box.
>
> Not sure if this will help you. But this is what I did here to get the
> IPTV (also UDP multicast from my ADSL provider)
>
> But I couldn't use the m3u I used for VNC with mythtv.
> With VLC I used:
> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:0,1 - Al Jazeera (English)
> udp://@233.29.121.2
> #EXTINF:0,2 - Bloomberg (English)
> udp://@233.29.121.3
>
> With MythTV I had to make the m3u with:
> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:0,301 - Al Jazeera (English)
> rtp://233.29.121.2:1234
> #EXTINF:0,302 - Bloomberg (English)
> rtp://233.29.121.3:1234
>
> Hopefully, it's the same deal with your provider

Best regards,
Per Lundberg