[mythtv-users] frontend, what works?

Lee Koloszyc pantslessape at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:05:53 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Mike <mythtv at dtmc.ca> wrote:

> On 3 March 2011 11:10, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Richard Morton
> > <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Ion2 would be preferable due to increased codec support and more
> powerful
> >> version of atom.

I bought one of these 2 days ago on Newegg to replace my noisy
frontend/backend in the living room (moving it to the file server in the
basement),
it was on sale for $169:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16859324008&cm_re=habey-_-59-324-008-_-Product

Hopefully I can have it setup and running by this weekend and I can report
on whether it works or not.

In my bedroom I have an Aspire Revo 1600 (with only 1GB, ION1) and it works
really well, plays all the HD OTA  without problems, just cant use the fancy
deinterlacers.

So any Ion will do, just depends if you need Temporal/Advanced.

Lee