[mythtv-users] frontend, what works?

jason at wkrp.com jason at wkrp.com
Thu Mar 3 14:50:37 UTC 2011

My dedicated front end is a big old full tower box running MythBuntu
and I'm just tired of it's size. I've read a bit about the Nvida ION and
it sounds like the way to go. I just don't want to fall into buying the
wrong thing and having a mess on my hands. I'd like a recomendation on
either what motherboard to buy or one of the barebones setup. I'll
probably use just a regular hard drive in it or maybe NFS boot.

I use
the front end solely for a front end - no encoding / other work. No HD
video yet but having that as an option would be ideal. I do play various
encoded videos on it H.264 mostly some divx (TV shows I've converted
over the years).

I just need to be pointed in the right direction with
something that has had a good success rate.

Thanks for any guidance.

Jason