[mythtv-users] securing mythweb

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 21:07:58 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I used to have mythweb setup so that I had to enter a password to get
in.  I recently noticed this is no longer the case.  I looked at the
wiki and saw that my system likely was not configured properly.  After
trying to configure it, mythweb is still not requiring a password.

I did the following:

Added the following stanza to /etc/httpd/conf.d/mythweb.conf right
before the </Directory> line  (the wiki said to uncomment these lines;
however, they were not in there at all)

AuthType Digest
AuthName "MythTV"
AuthUserFile /var/www/htdigest
Require valid-user
BrowserMatch "MSIE" AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On
Order allow,deny
Satisfy any

Then I executed the following command and gave a password when requested:
htdigest -c /etc/httpd/conf/httpd-passwords MythTV gabe

I noticed that that the path was different than what is specified in
the mythweb.conf file, so I also did this:
 htdigest -c /var/www/htdigest MythTV gabe

After doing both, I am still not prompted for a password.  I am
wondering if it is because I recently went on to the mythweb page so
it is not requesting a password?  Either way, some help securing
mythweb would be greatly appreciated.