[mythtv-users] How can I debug these remote issues?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Mar 2 16:38:33 UTC 2011

On Mar 2, 2011, at 7:00 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> On 2 March 2011 02:09, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Feb 26, 2011, at 8:16 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>
> > I just noticed these issues in my logs anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot them?
> >
> > imon 5-1:1.0: imon_incoming_packet: unknown keypress, code 0x101f004
> > imon 5-1:1.0: imon_incoming_packet: unknown keypress, code 0x101f004
> > imon 5-1:1.0: imon_incoming_packet: unknown keypress, code 0x101f204
> > imon 5-1:1.0: imon_incoming_packet: unknown keypress, code 0x101f004
> > imon 5-1:1.0: imon_incoming_packet: unknown keypress, code 0x10200f2
> >
> > I'm running 0.24-fixes on Mythdora 12.23 x86_64
> >
> > There are several buttons that no longer work or work inconsistantly, I'm no longer using the imon remote itself but I'm using a Logitech Harmony ONE and I haven't been able to locate the original remote since moving.
> >
> > I was trying to remap a  button for E for a while now since the editing system changes in 0.24 as well as Z for loading cut lists both inconsistantly work and dont work.
>
> Very old kernel and very old imon driver. I'd suggest hitting up
> the linuxtv media_build to get a newer one, and then your imon
> hardware should work a lot better. An imon driver of that vintage
> has a number of quirks and races in it that have since been fixed.
>
> This is running on
>
> 2.6.32.26-175.fc12.x86_64 is this still too old, I only upgraded this alittle while back probably not alot of options on fedora 12

Yes, the imon driver in that kernel is too old. But you can get the
latest (or very close to) imon driver by this route:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers

I'm using an imon drive rather close to that on another 2.6.32-based
kernel myself.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com