[mythtv-users] Continuing the lirc Fedora14 issue with PVR350

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Mar 1 16:12:23 UTC 2011

On Feb 23, 2011, at 4:43 PM, The Walters wrote:

>> Just looked at the evtest output you sent, and evtest is *not* reporting
>> keycodes for most IR scancodes, so that explains why irw isn't either.
>> You have Misc reports showing the scancodes, but only Key reports for a
>> select few buttons -- lirc needs the Key reports. I'm not sure yet why
>> there are so many keys w/o a scancode to keycode mapping though.
>>
> It looks like some of them are also mapped incorrectly (Radio to Power, Menu to Mute etc).
> So I guess the next course I could take is to use setkeycodes and map them all manually.

There actually *is* a proper fix for this Coming Soon upstream, but that
doesn't exactly help your situation right now. The Hauppauge remotes
typically use one of (iirc) three device codes, 0x1d, 0x1e and 0x1f. The
ir-kbd-i2c driver has historically discarded the device code, and only
passed along the key code. Some key codes aren't exactly the same between
the various device codes. The fix is that ir-kbd-i2c will no longer eat
up the device code, but rather, pass it along, allowing for a discrete
mapping for each device/key code pair.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com