[mythtv-users] IR Blaster / Comcast DTAs

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:05:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 20:03, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I bought one of the Microsoft MCE USB IR units off eBay which works fine.  I
> needed more than two blaster outputs though, so I farmed that out to a FE
> and got an IguanaIR unit.  After some wobbles getting it set up on mythbuntu
> it has been a workhorse.  I have it direct-connected to the IR inputs on my
> Comcast DTAs.

I have this vague recollection that for Fedora someone (Jarod?) was
going to poke someone about finally getting the IguanaIR code into
(I think) rpmfusion to avoid some of the wobbles for those on Fedora.
Since at least one of the IguanaIR variants can support 4 transmitters,
it works quite well if you have a number of DTAs and analog tuners.

The MCE USB units, on the other hand, work "out of the box" for
most.  There is something to be said for that for many.

Gary