[mythtv-users] MythVideo - different file type player on remote frontend

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Thu Jun 30 20:14:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:15 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:41:04PM -0400, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> >
>> >    ...yeah, but for how much longer will that option even be available?
>>
>> Perpetually, as long as he doesn't upgrade.  MythTV isn't a kindle.
>
>    Then you miss bug fixes and new features and support for new devices.

Only if you have a new device that isn't supported on your current
version or are being impacted by a bug.  New features should be
evaluated to determine if they are worth the effort of an upgrade.  If
not, I wouldn't risk braking a working system.

I guess it depends on if MythTV is a hobby or something that others
depend upon for TV.  My system started as a hobby in 2007 and has
grown to the only way my family watches TV.  Well, MythTV and Hulu.
The family would be upset with me if I broke things upgrading now as
badly as I have in the past.

Just my thoughts.