[mythtv-users] UK: Unplayable BBC HD 1920x1080 recording (be careful what you wish for)

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 08:00:09 UTC 2011

On 30 June 2011 08:40, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

> I recorded a bit of Wimbledon on BBC HD yesterday evening around
> 7:15, and my Zotac ION based FE couldn't play it back without
> stuttering! ffmpeg said it was 1920x1080 rather than the 1440x1080
> that we've been used to. I've had a few 1920x1080 recordings
> before, and they've played back ok, but this one wouldn't - well,
> not without setting it to "progessive" so that the deinterlacing
> was turned off.
>
> I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come. There we've
> been asking the BBC to transmit 1920x1080, and actually we've
> gone and shot ourselves in the foot, perhaps.
>
> Cheers,
>        Paul.

Wasn't there another thread on here about the BBC HD retune which was to
enable them to switch to 1920 or whatever to allow side by side 3D
transmissions? Might have something to do with it???

Sorry its a bit vague but have given up on Freesat at the moment as my Tevii
S660 tuner refuses to work properly with my myth setup so have just been
idly following HD threads on here

Martin