[mythtv-users] PBS HD station moved

Michael S. Keller samsara at tulsaconnect.com
Wed Jun 29 02:04:52 UTC 2011

On 6/27/11 2:59 PM, Fa wrote:
> (sorry dev, posted it to the wrong list)
>
> Hi all, comcast has moved on of the stations that I routinely watch
> which is the PBS HD station.  Looking for the simplest way to find and
> add only that one station.
>
> I can't seem to find it after doing a rescan.  It appears on my other
> TVs in the house at it's new channel location.  I have tried a full
> rescan on the QAM256,QAM64 and also VSB8.  So far, I have seen many
> duplicate channels, but not the only one I am looking for.  What is the
> easiest way for me to find and add just this one station?  As a
> reference, this channel used to be 9.1 but moved to 67.1 and shows up on
> my other TV tuners (non-cable-box).

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/North_American_cable_television_frequencies
may be a good starting point. Channel 67 on your cable system could be
at 483.00 MHz, which would then be a key for the "frequency" column of
your dtv_multiplex table. From there, cross-reference the "mplexid" and
then move to the channel table. Update your PBS HD station's mplexid to
match channel 67's location and update the "serviceid" to 1.

That may take care of it or at least get close.

-Michael