[mythtv-users] live TV program overrun causes loss of recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 28 15:42:59 UTC 2011

On 06/28/2011 11:27 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:
> If it could also ignore current recordings, that
> would be ideal for me. I sometimes end up with a recording that has the
> wrong episode information, so what was recorded isn't what was in the
> listings. I want to keep the "bad" episode,  but I also need to
> re-record the missing one. Currently, there's no easy way to do this,
> since the "bad" one gets treated as a duplicate of the rebroadcast.

You need to go to Watch Recordings, select the bad recording, and
MENU|Scheduling Options|Allow this program to re-record.  If you do that
/in Watch Recordings/ (as opposed to selecting, "Allow this episode to
re-record," in "Previously Recorded"), MythTV will ignore not only the
recording history for that episode, but also the currently-recorded
episode.  So, you can keep the bad recording just in case the network
decides not to re-run the episode.

Mike