[mythtv-users] MythTV Hardware Upgrade Questions

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Mon Jun 27 19:51:55 UTC 2011

>> It does work fine most of the time, but I seem to be having a problem
>> with the box locking/pausing when a show begins or ends. The hdd light
>> comes on for about 5 seconds then everything returns to normal. I only
>> record HD streams; primarily broadcast channels, and SpeedTV (F1
>> Races). VDPAU is working and CPU use for watching is minimal.

Have you been following the "Playback problem -- random short pauses"
thread on the mailing list?  Perhaps this is your issue?  I do not
thing that adding new hardware will resolve these problems.  If you
look through that whole thread there are a few suggestions for fixing
some if the known causes but I think we are still waiting on some bugs
to be squashed.

I could be wrong, haven't followed the list that closely as of late.
-Mark