[mythtv-users] MythTV Hardware Upgrade Questions

Aaron aaron at rb303.net
Mon Jun 27 19:22:58 UTC 2011

Thanks guys for the replies; here is my current hardware setup.

Intel Q8200
Zotac GT 240 w/ Zalman VNF100 Passive Cooler
4GB Ram (single channel due to mobo oversight)
GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2H Motherboard
WD 500GB 72k
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
Firewire recording via Motorola STB (Verizon FiOS)
HDHR 2 Tuner

It does work fine most of the time, but I seem to be having a problem
with the box locking/pausing when a show begins or ends. The hdd light
comes on for about 5 seconds then everything returns to normal. I only
record HD streams; primarily broadcast channels, and SpeedTV (F1
Races). VDPAU is working and CPU use for watching is minimal.

I actually just upgraded the video card within the last 6 months, and
never thought that might be the issue. I went from a 9400GT (1GB) to
this newer GT 240 (1GB); the 9400 had some weird issues with it
(random slow downs), the 240 was on sale with a rebate so I thought I
would give it a whirl. Its made a huge difference.