[mythtv-users] Tale of two Tuners Hauppauge HVR-1250, Kworld ATSC 115

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Sat Jun 25 14:43:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Mir Islam <mislam at mirislam.com> wrote:
> The problem is there is no second adapter listed in /dev/dvb. Shouldn't
> there be another adapter listed there? Or is the Kworld card and
> Hauppauge card trampling each other? I can try to pull out the Kworld
> card and see if HVR-1250 works or not, but that is last resort. Thanks.

Did you actually jam "card=20" into the modprobe option for cx23885?
If so, that is almost certainly the problem.  You cannot just force
the driver to detect an unknown card and expect it to work.

There are patches for some of the newer 1250 variants, but they are
not upstream yet.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs