[mythtv-users] Cleanup recordings not in database

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:02:56 UTC 2011

On 24 June 2011 11:45, Ramon Hofer <ramonhofer at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> On 06/23/2011 06:44 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> I wanted to test the script as well but I got the following error:
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>      File "/home/hoferr/bin/find_orphans.py", line 3, in<module>
>>>        from MythTV import MythDB, MythBE, Recorded
>>> ImportError: No module named MythTV
>>>

>>> How can I add these modules?
>> Do you have the MythTV Python bindings installed?  If you're compiling
>> yourself, check the output of mythtv's configure command to find out
>> (and to find out why not, if it says no).
>>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I use debian and mythtv package from it's multimedia repos.
> I have installed the package python-mythtv and now I get this error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/hoferr/bin/find_orphans.py", line 3, in <module>
>     from MythTV import MythDB, MythBE, Recorded
>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/MythTV/__init__.py", line 55, in
> <module>
>     exec(import26)
>   File "<string>", line 5, in <module>
>   File "<string>", line 7, in <module>
>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/MythTV/connections.py", line 18,
> in <module>
>     import lxml.etree as etree
> ImportError: No module named lxml.etree
>
> What else do I have to install?

Ramon,

As Jonatan replied, you're probably missing python-lxml.

How did you install MythTV from the Debian Multimedia repo in the
first place? Checking the site it lists python-lxml as a dependency
for mythtv-frontend, which itself is a dependency of the mythtv
meta-package which is used to install MythTV.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott