[mythtv-users] OT UK Have the BBC moved over to 1920x1088?

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Jun 23 18:17:26 UTC 2011

On 23 Jun 2011, at 18:35, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> 4:00am Mon 13th's showing of A Little Later was in 1920x1088,
> rather than the usual 1440x1088. I discovered this when I

Only temporarily, or so they say, seems they need 1920 for the 3D tennis, it's side by side encoded so you only get 960 per eye.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2011/06/gearing_up_to_deliver_wimbledo.html

it's bit rate has gone up a little and some shows look significantly better, others no different.