[mythtv-users] mythtv/master commit: 53cf459f3 by David Engel (gigem)

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Jun 21 20:12:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:32:18AM -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> David Engel wrote on Git:
> > More aggressively move recordings to resolve conflicts.
>
> David, is this the two-pass scheduler you've mentioned wanting to
> implement at some point?

No, and I don't recall wanting to do a two-pass scheduler.  I
certainly don't at this point.  Perhaps you're confusing some past
discussion regarding the retry pass (which could considered a ssecond
pass), or passes (as there are two parts to the retry logic).

Anyway, the second part of the retry logic is where the "Move higher
priority programs..." stuff is done.  There is a part before that to
which this change pertains.  That part tries to do innocuous moves
even when "Move higher.." is disabled.  Previously, that code would
move a recording only if both conflicting programs had the same
priority and the new showing for the first program was also the
priority.  This change loosens things up so that the recording is
moved if the new shoowing for the first program has the same or higher
priority as the new showing (and the priority of the second
conflicting program is no longer considered).  The gist of the change
is that if moving a program without dropping it's priority makes room
for another program, then do it.

David
--
David Engel