[mythtv-users] Rec-Pending system event on backend-only system?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Jun 21 17:50:23 UTC 2011

* On Tue Jun 21, 2011 at 12:51:38PM -0400, Jeff Piazza wrote:
> While we're on the subject, I'd also like to understand why two or
> three "recording pending" events get sent, starting about five
> minutes ahead of the recording start.  Anyone know?

Think of it as a sort of countdown.  It should send out an event
every 30 seconds starting at 2 minutes prior to the recording starting.
This was to allow users to listen for the "120 seconds prior to recording"
or "30 seconds prior to recording" events without having to buildin a
90-second sleep if we only sent out a 120-second event.  Most events get
sent only once, this event gets sent multiple times but with the 'seconds
to recording' number included each time.

--
Chris