[mythtv-users] Using devinput but devinput lircd.conf file does not contain all my remote buttons on Harmony One

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jun 20 17:38:56 UTC 2011

On Jun 16, 2011, at 8:56 PM, Scott Lipcon wrote:

> To chime in here, I think I'm having a pretty similar problem -  I've got a Hauppauge PVR-250, running Mythbuntu 11.04, which is kernel 2.6.38-8-generic #42-Ubuntu.   Mythbuntu comes with lirc 0.8.7, but I'm wondering if its been patched for the devinput stuff?   The Mythtv devinput wiki page seems to say *buntu should be ok.
>
> I've modified a hauppauge_grey keytable that I found online, and have it such that ir-keytable -t gives reasonable results for every key.
>
> I've got LIRC configured such that it receives the devinputs correctly, and irw shows each key.
>
> When I go in to mythfrontend however, I get dupe keypresses on pretty much anything that maps to a standard key (ie, the arrows, numbers, etc) - which from this thread and others means I should have to do:
>
> echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
>

> which has absolutely no effect on my system:
>
> mythtv# cat /sys/class/rc/rc4/protocols
> rc-5
> mythtv# echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc4/protocols
> mythtv# cat /sys/class/rc/rc4/protocols
> rc-5

The 'echo lirc' business is only for raw IR receivers, when you want to do the
raw IR decode in userspace. The problem manifests as both lirc userspace and
the kernel decoding the same IR signal and passing along a resulting key (either
an lirc keypress or a native linux input layer keypress). That's not what's
going on in your case though, since this is not raw IR hardware. I don't have an
answer for why you're seeing double keypresses here. What does ir-keytable run
without any parameters say?

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com