[mythtv-users] Closed Captions: A reason to upgrade?

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 22:58:48 UTC 2011

Hi Helen,

Actually I think my issue with VBI closed captions on DVD rips is related to
MakeMKV, not MythTV.  Playing around with MythTV and ccextractor shows that
the MKV files that come out don't seem to have valid closed captions
anymore, while MythTV will show closed captions from the original DVD just

For anyone interested in the issue with MakeMKV (and some workarounds), see
this thread:

Thanks to everyone for their help with this!