[mythtv-users] Got my Ceton infiniTV 4...any else have one yet?

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 21:22:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Ron,
>
> Daniel has only written some of the card setup and tuning bits, the
> recorder itself is not written yet.
>
> Robert

Guys,

I am excited to hear discussion about the Ceton!  Thanks for the info
Robert.  It is greatly appreciated.

I prefer the form factor of the Ceton over the PRIME.  I have been tempted
to jump on one at the new limited time "instant rebate" price of $299.  We
will see, but I can't imaging that the price will go back up to $399.  My
guess is that we are real close to possible certification of the InfiniTV 6
and InfiniTV 4 USB.  If we don't hear by June 23rd, we will have to wait
until Aug 17th.  There are other dates later in the year, but if they want
to release in 2011, I don't think they can go much past the August
certification board meeting.  Either way, I am excited to see early adopter
such as Ronald blazing a path along with devs such as Daniel.

Unless something drastic happens with .25 and Ceton support over the next
month, I will probably start with a PRIME and upgrade to the InfiniTV 6 once
everything is all ironed out.

Thanks again guys!

Tom