[mythtv-users] DCX3200 Fails in 0.24-2

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 00:32:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 5:01 PM,  <mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net> wrote:
>>>        vendor_id = 0x000025f2 model_id = 0x0000fa03
>>
>> I have added this model to master, and backported the change to
>> .24-fixes.
>
> If you don't mind doing another my DCX-3200 reports:
> vendor_id = 0x000025f1 model_id = 0x0000f804

Done, and backported to .24.

While I was looking at the code today, it occurred to me that the
GENERIC STB model just follows the Scientific Atlanta/Cisco code.
Which obviously won't work for Motorola.  So, in Master (and
ultimately in .25-to-be) I have split the Generic in two, and you can
now select "Generic Motorola" (which follows the Motorola changing
code path) and "Generic SA/Cisco."  So in the future, unknown set top
boxes from either manufacturer should work without any additional code
(though it's obviously nice to keep adding them for
autodetection/labeling purposes).

Thanks,

Robert