[mythtv-users] DCX3200 Fails in 0.24-2

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:39:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:05 PM,  <moodyjunk at frontiernet.net> wrote:

>>The easiest way to get the vendor ID and model number is to use 6200ch
>>(whose source code is in the wiki) with -v -v -v, so something like>>>
>>
>>./6200ch -v -v -v 123
>

> I copied/pasted the source for 6200ch from http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/6200ch and compiled it via the instructions there.  From the output it looks like my vendor/model for my DX3200 is:
>        vendor_id = 0x000025f2 model_id = 0x0000fa03
>
> Now what?  I need to update firewiredevice.cpp?  I use pre-packaged MythDora and don't really want to download all the source and compile the whole mess.  Is there anyway to just update firewiredevice.cpp, compile it only and install just that module?  Should I see if the MythDora team will put out a patch for me (and others)?

We generally strongly discourage distro teams from applying their own
patches-- and why would you want them to, anyway?  You want to get it
committed for everyone to use, not just a patch applied until someone
forgets why its there and it disappears again.

No, you cannot just download and patch a single file.

I have added this model to master, and backported the change to .24-fixes.

Robert